EIT Health aims to promote innovation in healthcare, leveraging the expertise of more than 140 major organisations covering all key areas: pharmaceutical industry, MedTech, research institutes, universities, etc. Through collaboration between its various partners, EIT Health seeks to foster the emergence of innovative projects, improve health education and develop new business opportunities.
It is a unique network in Europe, in terms of its scope and the experience and important skills it brings together. Thanks to the involvement of its members, EIT Health intends to act as a catalyst for the implementation of new technologies and innovative solutions in healthcare, benefiting European citizens and helping to respond to the key challenges of the sector in the region.
Organisation of the EIT Health Network
The EIT Health Network is built around 6 regional Innovation Hubs located in:
- France (Paris)
- Germany (Munich and Heidelberg)
- UK – Ireland (London)
- Spain (Barcelona)
- Benelux (Rotterdam)
- Scandinavia (Stockholm)
Each hub brings together a number of leading partners. For example, the French hub includes, among others:
- Major companies: Danone, Air Liquide, Sanofi, etc.
- Public Players: the French Alternative Energies and Atomic Energy Commission (CEA), the Gustave Roussy Cancer Centre, the Pierre and Marie Curie University, etc.
- Local networks: Medicen, Cap Digital, Systematic, etc.
EIT Health Tools
To address the European healthcare sector challenges, EIT Health is based on three pillars:
- Innovation: encouraging multidisciplinary collaboration between the different players, to create an ecosystem of open innovation, fostering the development of new solutions.
- Business: accelerating innovative projects through new business models and simplified access to funding.
- Education: promoting knowledge sharing between scientists, healthcare professionals and patients.
Within these pillars, the network offers several programmes, which can include EIT Health funding for participating companies (see EIT Health Programmes).
As a Medicen member company, you benefit from privileged access to the EIT Health network. This allows you to get in touch with the major players in healthcare innovation, both public and private, in three different ways:
- Participate in a European project in which Medicen is involved (see European Projects).
- Access the EIT Health network of investors, living labs and mentors
- Take part in one of the network’s events, such as the annual Summit (the 2019 edition took place at the Palais Brongniart in Paris).
ALEXANDRE DA COSTA
VP Key Accounts & Investors –
Head of SMEs, Europe & International